Miss Live Montreal Shows? A big event of 20 artists is played online this Thursday
We may have to ring in a new year, but we all know the pandemic is far from over. With the announcement of a second full lockdown in Montreal on the horizon, we don’t know when we’ll ever get to see a good rock show live again.
Lucky for us: This Thursday, the live rock bar L’Escogriffe brought together some twenty artists who will play a two-hour live show for free from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. The announcement has been made via Facebook, where they will post the live stream (or instructions for watching the live stream elsewhere).
If you don’t know L’Escogriffe, you should: It is one of the four establishments that make up L’Axe du Mal, a huge combo of places located at the corner of rue Saint-Denis and avenue du Mont-Royal in le Plateau (and a great place to go bar crawling).
L’Escogriffe was generally a more intimate rock-focused venue with local and touring bands, so the artist selection for this upcoming show will top that off with a few surprises. Here is the list of artists:
Thanks to the creativity of local artists and places like this, we know we can have fun, at least in part, during the upcoming city closure and a strict curfew on our whereabouts.
The latest news from Time Out Montreal
– Montreal is heading for a second full lockdown this weekend, sources say, here’s what to expect
– Dear Quebec, we have a few questions about your best Google search results for 2020
– 5 takeaways from Google’s year of research in Canada in 2020
– NDG acquires a 360 ° cyclorama screen showing projections of the Northern Lights
– The windows of La Maison Théâtre win the prize for the craziest Christmas decorations in Montreal (PHOTOS)